Take Art will introduce the concept of “rural touring” in England, where professional theatre companies are invited to perform in villages. We will run practical exercises from 3 perspectives.
- For organisations:
A step-by-step guide to creating a regional rural touring network.
– How to find the funding;
– How to find local volunteer promoter;
– How to find theatre companies;
– How to put these three elements together successfully?
Time and location: Nagyharsány, 1st August from 10:00 to 15:00.
Address: Pécsi Református Kollégium Nagyharsányi Általános Iskolája, 7822 Petőfi u. 4-6.
- For promoters:
– To explore the reasons to become a local arts promoter;
– To find out the benefits to you as a promoter and to your local community;
– A checklist of how to promote a touring show.
Time and location: Kisharsány, 2nd August from 10:00 to 15:00.
Address: Kisharsányi Önkormányzat 4811 Dózsa utca 33.
- For theatre companies:
– What are the artistic and financial benefits of “rural touring”;
– What are the practical considerations of taking your show into a village community;
– What kind of work is most suitable for a rural audience?
Time and location: Beremend, 3rd August from 10:00 to 15:00.
Address: Beremend Szabadság tér 11. School
The participation on only one or two days or on the whole program is optional, but we kindly ask you to make registration HERE. The participation is gratis.